Which wedding styles are popular in Kingston?
Choosing a theme for your Kingston wedding can be a bit overwhelming these days, as you have so many options. Wedding venues in Kingston offer a wide range of styles, such as rustic, vintage, lakefront, whimsical, boho, modern weddings, and more. Here are the details:
- Rustic: Typical rustic wedding decorations include mirrors, string lights, mason jars, wood signage, lace, fresh hydrangea, old tin accents, baby's breath, burlap, long harvest tables with greenery, and barn wedding venues in Kingston.
- Modern: Straight lines, neutral tones with an accent colour, a lot of white in your décor scheme, minimal colours, hanging lights or floral arrangements.
- Lakefront: Tropical florals, soft blue and green hues, light and flowy dresses, sunrise or sunset ceremonies, white arbours, and driftwood incorporated into the centrepieces.
- Vintage: Beautiful, romantic shades of colour, old trinkets, antiques, classic cars, photo booths, antique frames, old soda bottles, and typewriters.
- Boho: Dream catchers, wildflowers, vintage rugs, long sleeve gowns, lace, floral hoops, an antique photo booth bus, and outdoor wedding venues in Kingston.
- Whimsical: Characterized by splashes of colour, a mix of décor items, non-traditional balloon arches, childhood magic made real, and an ambience of cheerfulness.
What is the best season for a Kingston wedding?
While the wedding season in Kingston changes a bit from year to year, usually it is late summer or early fall that is the most popular time to get married. The secret to a successful wedding regardless of the season is to make very detailed plans. Many aspects of the event, such as the venue, menu, and transportation, are affected by the weather.
Weddings in spring are popular with many couples since the temperatures are cooler, blooming flowers are everywhere, and the air feels fresh. There is no extreme weather in Spring, so couples have the option of having an outside wedding, an indoor wedding, or a combination of the two.
Most wedding experts believe that booking a Kingston wedding venue at the end of May, the beginning of June, or September is the best time to do so. It is the best time of year to have an outdoor ceremony, especially if you do not want to sweat the entire day away. Skip July and August if you are worried about the heat. You can also use our weather tool to learn how the weather will be on your special day and plan accordingly!
How can we find budget wedding venues in Kingston?
You need to find a venue for the wedding ceremony and reception before you can set the date. It is expected that the wedding reception venue in Kingston will cost about 40% of the overall wedding budget, making it the single largest expense.
- Choose a day other than Saturday to get married: Many weddings take place on Saturdays. On a less popular day of the week, you're likely to get a better deal on a venue.
- Tie the knot in the off-season: November through April is the off-season for weddings. You can find cheap wedding venues during those months due to low demand, making weddings during those months more affordable.
- Have your wedding in the morning or afternoon: Due to the popularity of the evening time slot for weddings, competing with that time slot will cost a lot more than choosing an earlier wedding.
- Keep your guest list small: A large guest list that is hard to manage is a big no-no for budget-friendly weddings. Consider a small wedding venue in Kingston and plan a 50-person reception.
- Find a venue that allows BYO: On WeddingHero's profile pages, you can find the wedding venues in Kingston that have a BYO policy.
- Cut down on the reception time: Most venues charge an hourly rate for wedding receptions. A one- or two-hour shorter reception can help you save a lot of money on your wedding budget.
When should we secure our wedding venue in Kingston?
Choosing the right time for your wedding is extremely important. Popular wedding venues in Kingston can be booked up to two years in advance. It's a good idea to book your venue at least nine to twelve months before the wedding date, especially if the wedding is in the summer.
Most Kingston weddings take place during the summer months. It's okay to leave it until six months in advance if you plan to have a fall or winter wedding. Regardless of the situation, booking the venue should always be your first priority.
Are there any wedding venue locations near Kingston that we can consider?
Don't worry if you couldn't find the perfect location for your special day in Kingston. You'll find what you're looking for among dozens of Ontario wedding venues, and to help you get started, we've listed the most popular venues near Kingston below:
- Toronto wedding venues
- Oshawa wedding venues
- Vaughan wedding venues