Whether you are looking for a jaw-dropping wedding location to say “I do” or are in search of a professional-looking space to hold your next business meetup, The Wallace will help you in giving your guests an experience they won’t be able to forget. The Wallace is an open concept space that can be transformed and personalized to suit each event’s unique theme. It is a perfect wedding destination for couples looking for an affordable yet stylish ceremony with a beautiful landscape in the backdrop.
A modern, rustic, waterfront loft-type wedding venue located on Lower Lonsdale waterfront, just a 6-minute drive from North Vancouver main city centre, is ideal for hosting wedding ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers, engagement parties, rehearsal dinner, and even business events.
With its architectural details inspired by the area’s unique history, The Wallace is situated on the third level of the reconstructed Machine Shop in the new Shipments development. The venue itself is named after Eliza Wallace, the wife of Wallace Shipyards founder, Alfred Wallace.
Facilities and Capacity
• The Wallace offers you an open-concept indoor space of 3,360 sq. ft, which means you can customize it as per your liking. You can design the space as per your wedding theme. The space is perfect for intimate meetings or large-scale corporate event productions.
• The venue also includes 2,330 sq. ft of an outdoor patio, perfect for under the open sky wedding ceremonies, receptions, corporate events, meetings, conferences, and even private parties.
• Since both the spaces are adjoining, you can also book the entire venue to size up capacity to up to 180 seating guests and 200 standing guests.
• The venue boasts brand new stylish washrooms (including accessible stalls) and elevator access to the venue. The beautiful wood-inspired vinyl flooring adds a touch of beauty to this gorgeous place.
• 200 garden chairs, thirty 6-foot-long banquet tables, two wireless microphones and in-house speakers.
• A built-in projector and screen are available on rent
• All other rentals such as décor, ladders etc. should be brought in by the occupant
• Additional storage facilities and water and power capabilities on the outdoor terrace
• Parking is not included in the rental fee; however, 125 public parking stalls in the Shipyards' underground parking area are available for use.
• Additionally, public parking along Wallace Mews (metered parking) and at the Pinnacle Hotel is always open.
• Open concept “servery” kitchen for food preparation
• Bridal Room/Green Room
• One security guard, Venue concierge, Post-event cleaners
• An exclusive catering menu and an in-house bar menu is available
• Music, entertainment and photography services are available
• A list of preferred vendors to choose the services as mentioned above
The Wallace is a modern, rustic waterfront venue that offers 100% customization of its venue space, allowing you to completely personalize your wedding celebrations as per your tastes, needs and expectations. However, there are some decoration rules that you must comply with them.
The fully air-conditioned open terrace space offers you a beautiful view of the Vancouver skyline, giving you a picturesque wedding venue and perfect for clicking memorable photos.
Catering is exclusive, and you are free to choose from their preferred vendors. The Wallace is the primary liquor license holder at the venue, and they offer a variety of craft beer, BC wine and liquors for purchase. All liquor will be served by their in-house bar management service.
If you are looking for a vast patio-style wedding overlooking the Vancouver skyline, industrial feel and personalized decoration with a perfect backdrop, The Wallace is the place to exchange your vows. As North Vancouver’s newest event venue, The Wallace enables you to make your wedding perfect.