When you decide on a historic wedding venue, you have an abundance of choices through Hamilton Civic Museums. The organization, which heads all historic venues, allows for big and small weddings with multiple wedding venues. Wedding coordinators and event managers are ready to assist and do the entire set up from tables and chairs to audio and catering. Brides can choose from one of ten different museums. Captivating landscapes, tented gardens, expansive green spaces, park-like settings, magnificent stone monuments, naturalized perennial gardens, woodlands, and 19th-century homes are part of these collections.
Facilities and Capacity
The Hamilton Civic Museums provide numerous indoor spaces with a range of big and small events.
• Hamilton Museum of Steam and Technology features a historic woodshed for an intimate 30 guest setting.
• Dundurn National Historic Site: At the Dundurn National Historic Site, you may say your vows inside the Coach House on the grounds of Canada's Pre-Confederate Prime Minister.
• Battlefield House and Museum & Park: If you want a more modern atmosphere for your celebration, you can assemble in the cellar beneath the historic 1818 home of the Battlefield House Museum & Garden.
• Ancaster Old Town caters to up to 120 seated guests. All tables are wooden and standard eight feet tables, while chairs are also standard, but these can be upgraded. The banquet room is stately with high ceilings, arched windows, peaked wood beams, original stonewalls, and hardwood floors. It also has a large stage where DJ can host music or have live music performances. More than adequate space for a large dancefloor. The bridal couple can choose a floor plan, and the table layout and white table linen can be upgraded.
• The Steam Museum: The Steam Museum, built-in 1859, features graceful arching trusses and old wooden beams for a rustic yet modern feeling.
• The onsite wedding coordinator and event manager for ceremonies and reception
• Bridal suite for the bride with her bridesmaids at all events
• 7-hour event time that can be extended
• Sound and speakers plus microphone and podium
• Professional lighting
• Wheelchair accessible
Hamilton Civic Museums will offer classic set-up such as lighting and décor as well as centrepieces for all tables. Tables, chairs, marquee, wedding arches, the aisle can be rented. Linens, flatware, china, glassware and barware are also available.
Some of the venues offer catering, which will be discussed when you contact the Hamilton Civic Museums. You can also choose to bring your own catering company or talk with Hamilton Civic Museums events managers to arrange the best carters.
If you want a unique and rustic wedding, take action and ensure your wedding date is available by confirming your reception date at one of the event spaces through Hamilton Civic Museums.