Canadian Museum of History is a historical and museum type wedding venue with a waterfront, classic and eclectic style. The ceremony and cocktail wedding type venue is 4 hours 15 minutes away from Toronto and only 7 minutes from Ottawa's city center. The most prestigious museum in Canada has a mix of green and waterfront landscapes, making it a perfect venue for couples that want an aesthetically pleasing and picturesque wedding venue.
Canadian Museum of History is the most visited museum in the country, with over 1.2 million yearly visitors. The museum was created in 1856, and it is the oldest public institution that shares cultural studies, history, ethnology, and archaeology. This venue won the 2020 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor.
Facilities and Capacity
The wedding facility at the Canadian Museum of History allows you to choose the best from the classic and eclectic spaces. The space you will choose is also dependent on the number of guests you are expecting.
The venue has four different spaces that you can choose from:
• The first is the River View Salon that can accommodate up to 80 people for a banquet-style wedding. This venue has a fantastic view of the river. It is perfect for an intimate banquet setting.
• The second is the Haida Gwaii Salon, which fits 100 people for the banquet style and 400 people standing (usually with the Grand Hall). This space allows you to see the Ottawa River uniquely.
• The third is the Grand Hall that seats 600 people in banquet style. It is a large and open space with decorated pillars inside the hall.
• The fourth space is the Panorama Café that can seat up to 150 people in banquet style. This hall has alluring floor-to-ceiling Windows, which brings in the natural sunlight. Additionally, it offers a perfect of the surroundings from inside the hall.
• Other facilities at the venue include the museum exhibition and the surrounding that are super perfect for pictures.
• There are different wedding packages you can choose from.
• Services by museum production coordinator
• They are top class caterers to take off the stress
• Set up of the venue and clean up after us
• Basic security service
• Liability insurance coverage
• Outside vendors are allowed
• Extra parking passes
• Wheelchair accessible
The indoor space of the Canadian Museum of History has a unique design for each room. The chairs are covered with white chiffon, while some in different spaces are covered with black. The tables have white and flowery designed table covers, respectively. There are centrepieces to beautify the venue on each table. The transparent windows also allow you to see the water body in the background and the nice surrounding, which makes it picturesque.
The goal of choosing the Canadian Museum of History is to have the best wedding experience. One of the major ways to have the best wedding is to serve the guests the best meals. The chefs serve you and your guest’s plated dinner, cocktail receptions, and lots more. You get the best advice from the professionals on the best meals for your guests.
The only accommodation on site is the limited room for the bride and groom only. There is no on-site room for the guests. The room for the couple is modest and well furnished.
Canadian Museum of History is a wedding venue in Ottawa with the best facilities and features to make your day memorable. The amazing staff will also help you plan your wedding right from the day you book till the end of the wedding. Have a feel of an amazing once in a lifetime experience by making a booking now.