Heintzman House is reputed to be one of the oldest building in Thornhill, Markham. Built-in 1800’s the original two-room house on this spot is believed to have been built using adobe brick. Currently, the property is owned and operated by the City of Markham and is a favourite destination among couples to host their receptions, parties, wedding ceremonies. The property has also been a shooting location for films and TV shows. The venue is only 30 km away from Toronto Pearson International Airport, making it easily accessible for your local as well as faraway guests.
Facilities and Capacity
This venue is a beautiful setting to host any events like lavish wedding ceremonies and grand receptions. The venue also boasts of multiple rooms that can be booked as per your guest list.
Spaces you can book:
• Grand Ballroom can host an event for up to 113 guests
• Thornhill Room can host an event for up to 10 guests
• Loyalist Room can host an event for up to 10 guests
• Heintzman Room can host an event for up to 12 guests
• Exclusive access to the entire venue
• Ballrooms to accommodate an event for 110 people
• Chairs and tables are provided
• Enjoy a fine dining experience with shining dishes and barware, and exquisite cutlery (excluding stemware)
• Fully air-conditioned rooms and complimentary wi-fi
• Parking space available for up to 50 vehicles
• Premium quality dancefloor
• Set up and clean up
An elegant lounge is decorated according to the theme of your wedding where your guests can share chitchat. Just near the Grand Ballroom is located the Grotto, a space that can serve coffee, or as a bar or even a table area to serve sweets. The grounds are a beautiful landscape that can be decorated as per your liking to add a touch of class to your wedding. Couples are also provided with special rooms to get ready for their special day.
The venue comes with an on-site, fully equipped kitchen that you can collaborate with your catering team and create a personalised menu for your event. On-site alcohol services are not available; however, you can bring outside alcohol and enjoy your event just the way you want.
The historic and idyllic Heintzman House provides an intimate and romantic setting for your wedding day. The front grounds and Grand Ballroom offer a breathtakingly beautiful backdrop to your ceremony and reception. Their space offers several lounges for your guests to mix and mingle.
Fill out the form to book this fantastic venue today.