One of the most well-known freshwater lakes near Downtown Halifax is the Chocolate Lake Hotel, which is popular for swimmers and families during summer. The hotel boasts its eco-friendly and fairy-tale-like wedding venue that couples and guests will never forget as they witness the exchanging I dos of the bride and groom. Guests can enjoy the romantic setting with the view of Chocolate Lake. Established in 2008, the hotel still keeps up with stylish trends from its recent renovations that were done to expand space for guest rooms, parking space, and wireless internet and to further cater to the needs of the guests, including enhanced amenities. The venue is perfect for couples and guests who love outdoor and cocktail-style weddings.
Facilities and Capacity
The venue offers an outdoor and indoor event space for guests to enjoy the Chocolate Lake ocean view. The venue has 6 meeting rooms that can be chosen according to the number of guests.
• The ceremony takes place in an open event place that is held outdoor for guests and couples. The venue can accommodate up to 200 people. It has white chairs available, decorated with flowers, and it is surrounded by forest trees and a lake view.
• If only weather changes happen, there are optional rooms such as Sambro and Chebueto, and each can accommodate 100 people.
• Lakeview Ballroom is also perfect for indoor weddings.
• Wedding package available
• Arcade and photobooth entertainment booth for rent
• DJ booth
• Flexible and tailored menu to meet the lifestyle of guests
• Eco-friendly sound system
• Wine & bar option
• Dance floor
• Podium (no microphone availability)
• Wedding cake cutting
• Food and beverage hours (limited)
• Floor-length linen tablecloths and white napkins provided
• Complimentary wedding suite for the bride and groom
• Free parking space for guests
• Pet-friendly hotel (Dogs only)
The outdoor venue is centred on the lake's eco-friendly view and is surrounded by trees, while the indoor venue has tall windows so that guests and couples can enjoy the view. The tall windows are accompanied by floor-length curtains, the floor is designed with patterns of a carpet, and pillars are also added to add flavour to the room. The white chairs are decorated with linens and flowers.
The venue offers various menus from its on-site restaurant, the lakeside grill; guests can select from a dinner buffet, plated dinners, trays and platters, and Hors D'oeuvres (cold & hot), or culinary stations. The listed packaged menus include soups, salads, crackers & fruits, main course, and dessert.
For guests who are planning to stay near the venue to maximize their time at the venue, the place offers accommodation services perfect for 2 to 5 guests depending on the room selected. They provide the following accommodation services:
• Service and rooms friendly to physically challenged people
• Kitchenette (depends on the room selected)
• Sofa bed available
• Wireless internet
• Complimentary breakfast
• 24-hour front desk
• Universal gym
• Indoor-heated pool
• Cocktail lounge Lakeside Bar & Grill
The venue can meet the needs of you and your guests with its flexible menu and several services. It provides a non-refundable deposit at the time of booking. To make your fairy-tale-like wedding dream real, fill the form to request pricing.