Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts is an artistic location embroiled in art, culture and local history. Its $30 million construction project was helmed by the acclaimed Canadian architect Jack Diamond. It boasted 43000 sq. ft of performance complex with a large main auditorium, the highest fly tower in the York region, a hydraulic orchestra pit. The couples who prefer a touch of history and modern architecture should consider this place. Only an hour away from Toronto International Airport, Richmond Hill Centre renders multiple decorated and furnished spaces that will be ideal for your festivities, irrespective of the size of your wedding.
Facilities and Capacity
The Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts offers multiple spaces to host any event you want. Choose any of the following event spaces for your ideal ceremony or reception.
• Main Auditorium/Mainstage: This space is ideal for couples who want a grand wedding and a big guest list. Mainstage is perfect for crowded events, including wedding ceremonies, cocktail receptions and even banquet dinners. This room is divided into Orchestra and Balcony levels, and both levels have box seating available and can host up to 200 people for a seated dinner.
• Plaza Suite: A 1700 sq. ft multi-purpose event space is an ideal venue for corporate/private events, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions. The room bathes in natural light during sunny days, and during nights multicolour lights are available. Seating capacity varies from 271 for a cocktail reception and 200 for a banquet-style dinner.
• Corporate Lounge: This room is more suited for small intimate cocktail receptions and business meetings and can host 40 guests. The room boasts high ceilings surrounded by concave-curved glass window walls and adds a contemporary touch.
• Main Lobby: The most significant space on the location is ideal for crowded ceremonies and lavish receptions. It has an event hosting capacity of 600 people. The main lobby is a contemporarily designed open-concept space surrounded by large glass windows and recognized wood veneer walls to allow natural sunlight to brighten the room.
• Upper East Side and Mezzanine: The space offers breathtaking views of the Lower Main Lobby and the surrounding Yonge Street. This space is an exclusive open-concept space with modern architecture and surrounded by large glass windows allows a lot of natural light inside the room. It can easily accommodate up to 200 people.
• Wide range of wedding packages
• 35 mm film projector and digital HD projector.
• Wheelchair seating, infrared heating equipment available
• Customisable lighting options and sound set-ups
• Lobby galleries can be used to exhibit an array of artwork (painting, photography, sculpture)
• Event planning, setting up and cleaning up
• Wheelchair accessible space and parking facilities
The venue’s decoration style is modern, with a touch of history. Its artistic roots allow you to conduct a ceremony full of colours and culture. RHCP has a full license of the venue and can decorate the venue as per your liking. Chairs and tables can be decorated with smooth clothes, and the walls can be prettified with elegant drapes as per your need. If you have an outside vendor for decorations, then they will collaborate with them too.
You will have to arrange an outside vendor for catering purposes; however, they offer you a list of trusted suppliers to choose from. Cash bar and professional bartender(s) are allotted for the ceremony, house wine and house beer will be served to your guests.
Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts is an excellent choice for couples looking to get married at a contemporary structure rooted in rich local history. All the services are provided at an affordable budget, and the professional event planning staff makes your day a memorable one for you and all of your guests. Get your price offers by filling the form now!